Staff Nurse - Maternity Cover in London
Position: Staff Nurse - 2 month Maternity Cover
Clinic: London: Earl's Court
Period: 11th March - 11th May 2016
Hours: Maternity Cover: Part time, 18-22 hours a week (Flexible - 6 weeks notice given of clinic dates/hours. Usually Wednesday morning, all day Thursday and Friday)
Rate: Competitive hourly rate
To provide nursing care to patients undergoing assessment and minimally invasive treatment of venous insufficiency.
Company and Role Background
Veincentre Ltd was established in 2003 as the first private UK company specifically set up to provide patients with NICE approved non-surgical treatments for varicose veins and venous insufficiency. Head Office is in Staffordshire and there are 6 clinics in key locations across the UK.
Our lead nurse in London is due to take maternity leave from 11th March - 11th May. As such, we are looking for someone with enthusiasm, a willingness to get stuck in and a bubbly and caring nature to take over her role during this period. You must be registered with the NMC but no previous venous experience is required as you will be fully trained in house to our highest standard of vein care.
Further opportunities within Veincentre are possible after this period.
- Providing high quality, safe, friendly, cheerful and supportive nursing care for our patients. This is to be undertaken in an efficient manner, but all the while focussing on the needs and expectations of the patients
- Assuring quality of care by adhering to Veincentre policies and procedures
- Documenting individual patient's care in patient notes
- Participating in clinical governance including regular audit and risk management assessment
- Managing stock control
- Acting as appointed First Aider
- Veincentre’s marketing strategy of exceeding users expectations is to be lived up to
- Patient safety is a key priority.
- A high standard of service, professionalism and behaviour is maintained at all times.
- Veincentre’s core values of Honesty, Safety, Effectiveness, Efficiency, Respect and Value for money are to be kept.
- Patient advisory role adapted to provide follow-up care and advice to patients.
Policy and Procedures
- All Veincentre policies and protocols are to be rigorously adhered to.
- These policies include: Infection Control, Medication Administration, Risk Assessments, Storage, Equipment use and maintenance.
- Uniform, including name badge, will be provided by Veincentre and are to be worn at all times.
Skills and Qualities
- NMC registered
- Stock control
- Natural customer service
- Good communication skills with patients and other staff members across all clinics
- Organised and Efficient
Rates and Hours
- Competitive hourly rate of pay
- 18-22 hours per week (Flexible - 6 weeks notice given of clinic dates/hours. Usually Wednesday morning, all day Thursday and Friday)
How to Apply
If this job is of interest to you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Head Office on 01782 753 960 for more information.
We look forward to hearing from you.
No Agencies Please