HOW CAN I EASE MY SYMPTOMS WITHOUT HAVING TREATMENT?
There are some simple things you can do that may help ease the symptoms associated with varicose veins, or at the very least prevent them from getting worse:
- Try to maintain a healthy weight
- Take regular exercise
- Eat a balanced diet, including plenty of fibre to prevent constipation
- Avoid long periods of sitting or standing
- When resting, keep your feet up
- Avoid very tight clothing around the waist and thighs
If, however, you have an underlying cause for your varicose veins, the only way to alleviate the symptoms entirely is to seek treatment. Without treating the underlying cause your veins are unfortunately likely to continue deteriorating over time.