What is the CQC?
All healthcare facilities are regulated by the Care Quality Commission, the CQC. Under the new CQC regulations, it is the CQC inspectors' jobs to monitor, inspect and regulate services to ensure that they meet the fundamental standards of quality and safety. They will establish whether a service is:
The CQC visited our Head Office in February 2018 and we are absolutely delighted with their faultless report finding all aspects of our service Safe, Effective, Caring, Responsive and Well-led.
You can read the full report on the CQC website however we have copied the summary from the report below.
VEINCENTRE INSPECTION REPORT
Feedback obtained clearly demonstrated positive outcomes for patients. Patients spoke very highly of the care and treatment they had received from the clinic and told us they would highly recommend the service. They considered the clinic provided an excellent service with the care and treatment exceeding their expectations. They described staff as friendly, efficient, helpful and caring.
Patients also told us they were given all of the information they needed to make an informed decision about their treatment options in advance of their treatment in addition to receiving detailed aftercare support and advice.
Staff we spoke with told us they were very well supported in their work and were proud to be part of a team which provided a high quality, specialised service.
Our key findings were:
- Patients received detailed and clear information about their proposed treatment which enabled them to make an informed decision. This included costs, risks and benefits of treatment.
- Patients were offered appointments at a time convenient to them and with the same clinician to ensure their continuity of care and treatment.
- Patients’ needs were fully assessed and care and treatment was tailored to individual needs and delivered in line with current evidence based guidance.
- There was a transparent approach to safety with demonstrably effective systems in place for reporting and recording adverse incidents.
- There were effective procedures in place for monitoring and managing risks to patient and staff safety. For example, there were arrangements to prevent the spread of infection.
- Clinicians assessed patients according to appropriate guidance and standards.
- Staff were supported with their personal development and received opportunities for supervision, training, coaching and mentoring appropriate to their role.
- Patients told us staff were kind, caring, and competent and put them at their ease and maintained their dignity.
- Information about services and how to complain was available and easy to understand.
- There was a clear staffing structure and staff were aware of their own roles and responsibilities.
- The provider was aware of, and complied with, the requirements of the Duty of Candour.
A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR STAFF
This glowing report would not have been possible without the extreme hard work, dedication and heart that every single member of the Veincentre team puts into their work. We really do try and go above and beyond for our patients and for the CQC inspectors to recognise and applaud this is extremely gratifying.
Veincentre is a family run business and we are enormously proud of our lovely team. They continue to nurture and care for all aspects of our business in the same way we have done since the company's inception in 2003. We cannot thank them enough for helping us achieve this.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Please find below patients' comments to the CQC inspectors following treatment with us.
You can be assured that the comments below are genuine and not just fabricated by the website author as these are reported by CQC inspectors who spoke to random patients who were in our clinics at the time of the CQC visits.
"The care has been excellent. Dr West and his team are very kind and couldn't do enough for me. To start with I was very anxious, but their kindness took all that away."
"All of the staff were very good and very knowledgeable. I spent some time with one of the nurses, she was lovely."
"Dr West was very good and the service was very efficient"
"The service has been very good and I am happy with my treatment. Dr West is very knowledgeable and he explained everything very well."
"The service and treatments were excellent. I am very impressed with it all."
"I have found them brilliant"
"It has been really informative. They explained options, they gave me all the details I needed"
- Quality Measures
- Independent Reviews
- Patient Video Testimonials
- "Why did you choose Veincentre?"
- Letters of Thanks